7.02.2004

Everyone wants my money

Today I went and signed up for the real estate course. I was the last person admitted! I was pissed, though, because I called them yesterday and asked if I could pay with a MasterCard. She told me yes, that would be fine. I show up today and they only take money orders or checks. God damn it. So I had to go get a 200 dollar cash advance, which is going to cost me way over 200 in the long run, but I'll be damned if I'm going to miss this course after I've been waiting like a month for it to start. I saw another girl who came to sign up. She was proper trash, let me tell you. Nose ring and everything. But I really didn't like her because I smiled at her and she didn't smile back. Good luck selling a bird house, bitch.

Then I went to Gottschalks, a department store, for my interview. I had written on my application that I would work as a sales rep or stockist. So "receiving" called me and that interview went so great. The manager, Becky, had her Weight Watchers dining out guide sitting on her desk, so I asked her if she did WW because I used to do WW and I lost 50 pounds! She was like, yeah, I do it but I have only lost 35 and gained back 20! So we commiserated on how hard it is to eat right. Then this other lady showed up and they told me they just called me because girls never write stock on the applications and so they decided to interview me to get another female in. I was getting used to the idea of working unloading stuff of of a semi when Wham! I was called to do a second interview with the store manager. They have you do interviews with two people before you get hired. The manager looked me up and down, asked me why I chose Randolph-Macon Woman's College, and then he said I was a polished lady and didn't belong in stock. So he told me that cosmetics is the best paying department in the store and asked me what brand I like. I told him that I am an Estee Lauder devotee, so he called the EL ladies in. Both of them were caked in make-up, which I love, and they told me there is an opening in 10 days at the Estee Lauder counter. So, I pray to God, they will call me in a week and offer it to me. Antelope Valley Mall isn't the most high-traffic place in the world, but I could sell the shit out of make-up. Elena showed me how when she worked at Clinique in Reading. But there is a lot of paperwork crap, ugh. Anyway, I'm so glad that I got some positive reinforcement from the store manager, because I was starting to feel like a real loser. He's no dummy, though, because he senses that I will leave Gottschalks to teach in a couple of months, which is my dream, so we'll see if I actually get hired. I told him that no one has called me from a California school so it looks like all the positions are filled. Maybe he'll believe it.

Now I'm back at home and the cleaning ladies are here. I need to get a grip and realize how freaking lucky I am. I have one credit card that is not maxed out (yet) and I live in a nice house (until step-G-pa gets back). Things could be way worse. I hope they keep getting better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home