6.30.2004

Another day, Another Bloody Mary

Yesterday I was really depressed. But it turned out that a lot of that was exhaustion. I woke up because a school system in Virginia called me. It was 9:30 their time, 6:30 my time. That's retribution for calling Heather in Virginia at 11:30 her time and waking up her dad. Tsk tsk tsk. It's not kind to ignore the time difference.

So that school system sounds like they want me, but they haven't called me with the phone interview yet. I'll let you know how it goes. Then G-ma's home help person came, and she finished all her work half an hour early, but because I'm cruel (and I don't want her to get in the habit of leaving early) I had her sit with G-ma and read. Tomorrow I don't know what I'll have her do because there isn't very much that is necessary. Tomorrow is also G-ma's hair dressing thing and trip to the podiatrist. So we have all kinds of excitement lined up for us. I'm going to ask the nurse at the podiatrist to give G-ma a Valium so she'll relax. Maybe she'll give me one, too.

So I put in my app with LA Unified School District. I hope to God they give me a job. Somewhere near Santa Clarita. After investigating lots of other properties, I really appreciate the rent ($500 including everything -- pool, parking, cable, high speed internet, gas, water, electric) The room is small but I have next to nothing here, it's all in Germany, and the house is so spacious and nice. If I take it, I will have 3 roommates and I'll share a bathroom with two of them. That's the drawback. One of them attends school full-time and works full-time. And yet she seemed pleasant. I would be hell on wheels.

I like two men whom I have never met. I met them on plentyoffish.com and they have written me e-mails with very few spelling mistakes. I like that.

One is named Chandler. I haven't asked him yet how many people think it's cute to call him Chandlah-Bing. I'll save that for later, I'm sure it will mortify him and make me seem shallow, so sounds like first date material to me.

The other guy is named Rusty. Ick. I will have to give him a nickname. Or use his real name. He looks kind of Indian/American Indian/Latino/Arab/God knows what, so I feel sure he has a different name that is difficult to pronounce. I will find a way to pronounce it just so I can escape calling him Rusty.

Anyway, one of them is visiting a sister in Chicago now and the other one lives around here and goes to the beach all the time. I want him to take me jet-skiing. The only thing is, I am unbelieveably pale and the Rite Aid fake tan I bought is barely taking the alabaster glow off, no matter how much I layer it. Thank God it was a two-for-one special, because I'm going through it like a whore through latex.

I'm sitting here in my step-G-dad's study, having a Bloody Mary and imagining a life with a regular paycheck.

I earned $11 last night! I tutored two men in math so that they could prepare for their water exams. They test the water and stuff around here and they have to do some kind of exam to be recognized by the state as legal. We had fun. We did lots with fractions and converting parts per million to parts per billion. They use lots of abbreviations that I am not familiar with, like MGD. That's Millions of Gallons per Day.

I'm still not enrolled in the real estate course. I have to get on the ball!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home