8.28.2004

Just Workin It

So my life has been mainly work: work: work. It's been a good day, though. I worked 8 hours and then I visited the grandparents. The cosmetics area is all a-twitter because Corinna, my drop-dead-gorgeous-makes-me-want-to-hate-her counter manager went on a date with her doctor last night. I have neglected to post, but Corinna was bitten in the ass by a Brown Recluse Spider. It was a bad bite. She had it drained, then had it lanced twice. It was nasty. She missed 9 days of work and got massive doses of antibiotics intravenously. Anyway, her doc decided that he wants to bone her. So they went on a date last night. It included Sushi at the restaurant where Tom Cruise had his birthday party, a trip to an Indian restaurant, and then him taking her shopping. He took her to a Sephora make-up counter and told her she could pick out whatever she wanted. She got some blush that looks like radioactive cotton candy. As you are probably aware, I'm jealous. She's nearly 6 feet tall, her Estee Lauder jacket is a size 4, and she's dating her doctor. But don't worry, I'm sure it will crash and burn and I will elicit unparalled satisfaction from her dismay. Or I'll get invited to the wedding.

Otherwise, I talked to Tabz today for a short while. I'm not sure if he likes me or not. He didn't write to me from the time that I saw him on Monday. I told him not to call me because I didn't have any minutes, so I can't blame him for not calling. He said he's gonna call me tonight. We'll see. I dunno. The thing is, I keep trying to pick guys who are not super-hot because I think that they'll be super-happy to be with me and appreciate me for the babe I am. It doesn't work.

For example, stupid Clinique make-up guy was NOT hot. However, he basically wrote me off after 1.5 hours of chat to try to get with hot Lancome girl (she's sweet, but she does her make-up like a total whore and has hair so platinum it's white). Why? Why couldn't he be happy with pretty(ish), intelligent, funny, well-traveled me? What's WRONG with me? The thing is, I'm desperate. And I think I hide that fact pretty well, but somehow these guys have a sixth sense about it, chill with me for five minutes, and run in the other direction. Fuck. I don't know how to neutralize my man-repelling scent.

Anyway, I should ignore men and concentrate on my career. In the movies, that is how the women always catch great guys.

Jesus. Someone help me. And someone make Tabz come see me on Monday and snog me lots and lots.

On a more somber note, I tried to shave my pounani and it's a complete mess. I wanted to get it waxed, but no one does that around here. Any ideas on how to get it smooth? I'm getting the tweezers out soon if I don't get any better ideas.

XXX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home