7.26.2004

I Heart Estee

This job is so much better than shoe hell.  Today I unwrapped lipsticks, tried out the new lipstick colors, learned the different types of foundations, learned the names of the three big Estee Lauder models, cleaned the counters, saw the amazing spa room where we give relaxing mini-facials, and talked with nice women.  Oh yeah, we served some customers, too.

And when I got home, my back wasn't aching and my feet weren't swollen and painful.  I really needed to get out of shoe hell.

Also, my employee discount is effective immediately.  I don't have to wait 30 days like I would have had to wait at Dillard's.  And I can go outside on my break.  The only funny thing is that I'm working at the men's store.  Gottschalks has two buildings in the mall.  The women's store, and the men's store.  My counter is with several other (inferior) make-up counters at the men's store.  And guess what.  A man came and bought some shit today.  For his woman.  He did what we told him to do, buy two, and he never asked the price, just handed over the cash when the total was announced.  Isn't that a kick in the pants?

Ooooohhh, and just when I never thought it was going to happen, Tabish called me.  I gave my number to another guy, so I thought it was him, but NO!  It was Tabish.  I was stunned.  He said he was sorry he didn't call me earlier.  A friend of their family died on Saturday and was buried Sunday.  The daughter of the man who died was grief-stricken and his visiting aunt and uncle went to the funeral with them and everything.  Sadness.  But anyway, I feel happy again.  It's nice to feel wanted.  And he's pretty cool.  I like him.  Now if I could only get him to drag his sorry ass up here.

Oh, because I thought Tabish dumped me, I started writing to this other guy.  His is a sicko!  In an interesting way.  He wants to have phone sex.  I dunno.  Maybe after I move.

Hmmm, we have a new caregiver coming in to sort out my Grandma.  And we had a contractor around to look at ripping out her bathtub and putting a flat shower in the bathroom instead.

A local principal called me today to tell me that there is a 6th grade teacher opening at a local school (not his, he is fully staffed).  However, he got my application when I sent it a couple of weeks ago and he told me to tell the other school's principal that he sent me over.  So it sounds like something might pan out here.

I work tomorrow at 9.  For once, I'm looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home