7.28.2004

Am Happy

Did you see Legends of the Fall?  Remember when Anthony Hopkins has a huge stroke and can't talk anymore and his face is falling sideways?  Remember when he has a slate tied around his neck and writes all crookedly and pathetically on it?  Remember when his son comes home after years away and he writes "Am Happy" on the slate and everybody bursts into tears of pity and joy?  That's me.  I'm happy.  Grandma has laughed several times, Tom is in good spirits, I am immensely enjoying my job, I'm going shopping tomorrow, we're having 9 for dinner on Saturyday night, and I Am Happy.  I haven't been really, really happy in quite a while, and the feeling feels good.

Plus, I'm going to go to Santa Clarita tomorrow and buy stuff for my new place.  Tabish is going to come meet me after work.  I think he really is a sweety.  I have had my hair cut and ironed flat, I am wearing gorgeous make-up, my mom sent me a bunch of my cute clothes in a box from Germany, and I have a steady (fun) job.  Don't I just make you want to wretch with my happiness? 

I have also lost a lot of weight.  I'm down to 168, as of yesterday, which is only 5 pounds over the minimum weight that I had when I was strictly following Weight Watchers.  I'm just seriously not that interested in food anymore.  I've been kind of depressed recently, and nothing but wine has tasted very good.

Anyway, my car insurance came through, I'm going to hang out with my guy friend Tabish (who I am learning how to be cool from), and I'm moving out of my grandparents' house.  All systems are go.  Be happy for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home