7.09.2004

Traffic Lights

I had forgotten how much I detest traffic lights. Oh my God. As soon as you get going, another one turns red, and you get to wait. It happened to me like 50 times today. I now appreciate the genius of heart-attack-inducing round-abouts.

Today I lived like a housewife. Went to the library and dry cleaners in the morning to drop off stuff, then came home to fix granny a nutritious lunch. Pasta, boiled carrots, and an Orea.

Then I went to look at a room for rent. The guy that owns the place is a trucker and is hardly ever there, but his out-of-work girlfriend is there all the time. Looked really nice on the inside, but I can't deal with the girlfriend.

Then I went to the DMV. Turns out they don't do the SMOG check there. I could have screamed. I thought she told me to bring the car in for the verification AND the smog. No, she meant for me to take it somewhere private for the smog. So then I paid for my plates, got an oil change, got the smog check (which cost $60 and took 45 minutes in a hell hole of a concrete shack with a broken recliner in it) and then got the privilege of buying my only Palmdale friend a shower gift for her wedding. Only JC Penney did not have ONE FUCKING THING that was on her three page registry. So I got her a gift card, the most thoughtless gift one can give. Whatever. At least she can spend it how she wants.

Tomorrow starts real estate school and Bekah's shower. I was excited before, but now I'm just exhausted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home