4.30.2005

Queen Mary 2

It's not long now! I'm going on the Queen Mary 2 this week. It's going to be sooooo nice. Our room has a balcony and it's 280 square feet, which isn't anything to sneeze at. I hope the people are as interesting and garrulous as I hope they'll be. I deserve this break BIG TIME! It was nice having last week free. I just worked a lot. Made over 400 bucks for a few days work. Not too shabby. And the best part is that this little girl walked up to me, eyes wide and smile brilliant, then stopped and looked up at me with awe and gasped, "You're pretty!" That absolutely made my day! I love children. I really believe they make your life richer. When they aren't vomiting or messing up your car.

I'm going to move into my own apartment on September 1. It's time. I'm going to feel bad leaving Tom to rattle around, but I have to be able to stay out late and not worry about them so much. I'm going to go view a few places and save up the deposit over the next few months. I found a few in the paper. One was affordable, has a fireplace AND a pool, and it's very near my work.

I went to do the official SCUBA sign-up today. I couldn't believe it, but after I got out of the place I realized that the cashier didn't charge me the 55 bucks for the CD-ROM (it's in lieu of the textbook). Sweet! So all I paid was the tuition for the class. I still have to pay for the boat dive and the equipment rental, so it's going to be expensive no matter how I look at it, but I really couldn't believe my luck. I felt kind of guilty at first, but Tom said that the girl was an idiot and not to go SCUBA diving with her; she'll kill me. Ha ha ha.

I'm getting a manicure, pedicure, fake tan sprayed on my naked body, and a highly-satisfying Brazilian wax tomorrow. I'm going to radiate gorgeousness, that's what I've decided. I just hope the fake tan doesn't fade in patches...

I have my gorgeous navy satin gown all ready, my gold strappy sandals packed, and every article of cool clothing that I never have a reason to wear here in my bag, ready to see the light of day. This cruise is going to be SO luxurious. I can't even begin to fathom how spoiled we're going to get.

I've e-mailed the England crew and Manar, Katie, Clare, and Sez should be joining me for a drink at some point. We're going to visit Tom's daughter in Knightsbridge, too, and I always love going there.

I stayed in tonight for a quiet one. I packed, finised my video course (FINALLY!), and drank a lot of wine from Trader Joe's (acquired it in a way similar to the CD-ROM episode...) But that is another story.

Good night, friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home