4.05.2005

Exhaustion

Why does it feel like I'm in a blender 99% of the time? I don't have a minute to pontificate on this blog these days.

Ashley, I can' t believe you are going to have a wee one! You're having a baby! And I can't believe how we smoked and drank like we just broke out of The Cloisters the whole time we were in Richmond. Oh my God. Oh well, the kid will have a tolerance when s/he is older, that is the blessing. And it's even crazier you found out on April Fool's Day. If it's a girl, name her April. And if it's a boy, name him Fool like that kid in the People Under the Stairs.

I still think, though, you should name the kid Ashley Susan Spencer. The monogrammed stuff will be HILARIOUS.

Big news, girls. The assistant principal guy that I've always liked at my school stopped wearing his wedding ring and shaved off his mustache. And today when I opened my classroom door at lunch, he was standing right in front of it, ready to have a chat about nothing. Hmmmm... I asked around a little bit about the wedding ring thing, but no one knows anything. I am not about to be the one to ask him. I've liked him since I borrowed his coat to go outside and substitute for PE. He's generous and smart and rational and built VERY nicely. Tall. Yummy.

The principal totally hates me. She was picking on me all day. I think she thinks I'm getting it on with the Coach guy. Whatever. I just smile and act as nice as I can. Hopefully she'll simmer down soon.

So this weekend was nuts. I went out on Saturday to hang with Jinna and we had fun!!!! Didn't we, Jinna? We stuffed our faces at this Indian place (it was delicious!) and then we went to see Beauty Shop. Oh my God. Rudy Huxtable is a little hoochie mama. That movie was crazy. Not exactly art, but it made me laugh. Especially when Andie MacDowell started asking about Monkey Bread Chitlins lady or whatever she said.

Then, this was the best ever, we went to Korean Karaoke. It was AWESOME. You get your own little room where you can sing with your friends. Jinna did some Eminem and Jump Around and a Disney song. Sunny and Julie, who are both AMAZING singers, sang the hard stuff. Julie can belt that Whitney Houston. I was so excited about going, I was really into it in the beginning. I sang Material Girl and Manic Monday and A Whole New World. Then I sang Hello Dolly! and Sunny was ready to vomit. Not cool enough for him. I was like, "I feel so indulged!"

Jinna was awesome. She new all the words to the rap songs but she deleted the curse words so it was like listening to it censored. Julie was rolling.

The next morning, I went to see French guy and he was pretty tacky. He looked good, but he took a call right when I first met him and then he made it a big point to show me this 3.1 million dollar house that he was thinking about buying. Then he said he wanted to go look at some more houses that afternoon and what was I going to do? It was like he was setting up the invite for me to go look at houses. Weirdo. I was like, "I'm going to lunch at the Sherman Oaks Galleria with a friend."

So after I escaped yellow-shirted Frenchie, I went to see Candice. She looks sooooo good! She was wearing this off-the-shoulder black shirt and looking like a bombshell. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and I had an awesome salad. Then we went shoe shopping. Yay! Candice is moving to Arizona in August, so I will miss her.

Then, because this weekend was not busy enough, I went to meet Valeria in Pasadena around 5. I LOVE Pasadena. It's only an hour away from here and it's gorgeous and hip. We ate at this really swank Italian restaurant and I downed the Apple-tinis like candy. The bartender asked Valerie and I if we want to come to the opening of his bar in LA. He said he is leaving the Pasadena place in a couple of weeks and opening his own place! He's Armenian and seriously has attitude. We like him. At first, Valerie was totally talking shit on him, but then I asked him about his work and he totally warmed up to us and started talking about how backwards Sicilians are (which nearly had me laughing off of my stool). Then he told us about his new bar and how cool it's going to be and that we should come. So we gave him our e-mail addresses and hopefully we'll get some free drinks out of it.

Hmm... I have half days all this week, so I've been researching my new work opp and it looks like all systems are go. It is going to be weird going to court all the time. I've never had to go before a judge over anything.

Also, I called around to a couple more real estate offices, including one that Curt told me to call. I dropped his name, wondering if that was really a good idea considering how long-winded and racist he is, but the broker started laughing and saying, "Oh yeah, I know him really well! Do you know where my office is? I can see you next week and we can talk about what we can work out part time." Merciful Jesus. Coldwell Banker shut me down because I couldn't come to meetings before two at the drop of a hat. ReMax was good, but not my first choice because they don't serve my lawyer-friend's probates that she said she would throw at me.

I read some great stuff lately. The best was The Tipping Point, which I listened to in my car while I was driving all over LA and OC. The other one is the Desert Queen. It's all about Gertrude Bell, the woman who basically formed Iraq in the early 20th century. Both are absolutely fascinating. The Tipping Point talks about EVERYTHING. Made me feel smart by the end, plus it was mega-entertaining. Go get it.

One last thing, I just found out that Bekah is having a little girl. Know what she is going to name it? Katherine. Awwwwww.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home