10.18.2004

Happy Days

O is so dreamy. And we're going to Vegas! I'm excited. I've never been there. But more than anything, I'm excited that I get to go away with him and spending my birthday with him. Last year my birthday was good (I flew back to England from Dubai and spent a week recuperating from the desert). But it was stressful and David didn't get my present in time for the day and I bought him a very expensive PlayStation for his birthday because I felt guilty about staying away for so long. That damn PlayStation! I should never have gotten it. After that, his friend Mark came over ALL THE TIME and he would NEVER leave. So for the rest of the year those two played games and smoked pot all night. At least Dave liked his present.

The year before was AWFUL. I had to teach with the mentor teacher from hell, my professional Praxis test reservation wasn't confirmed, I had to pay a huge late fee, and I was basically miserable. I cringe just thinking about it.

I put too much importance on birthdays. I used to feel pressured to be euphoric (and frequently ended up in tears), but now I'm just going to take it easy. I'm happy it is on Sunday, so I don't have to work, and I get to spend it with my big, strong honey. It's going to be fantastic.

School was great today. I found out that my little thug student tried to go to the school dance last Friday. The VP kicked him out because he was suspended from Thursday of last week (he stole a calculator and lied about it) and apparently he got very belligerent at the dance. He so wants to get his freak on with this little Hispanic girl in my class. He better keep it in his pants. I've seen her shut him down a couple of times. Good girl! He's always trying to go sit next to her in the back of the room. He's so greasy sometimes.

I can't believe I'm going to be so old! I have little wrinkles around my mouth and gray hairs and I don't like loud music. At least I can afford expensive make-up and I have Villeroy and Boch china now. Life is, after all, all about balance. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home