1.28.2005

More Lies

So this morning, when I was chatting with his soon-to-be-ex, she told me that she hasn't touched him for months. That is somewhat a relief. She also told me that he said he threw me out. Ha ha ha. Here is what really happened: She called me while I was alone in his apartment yesterday (he was outside scouting for her). She told me that he'd been at her house many, many times and told her he was going to love her forever many, many times. That was all I needed to hear. I didn't want to be a part of that anymore. Even if he didn't mean it, even if he just wanted money and security, there is no way in HELL I wanted to be with someone who goes to visit another woman and tells her that he loves her. So I said, "OK, Christy. I understand. I don't have any trouble believing it. He's outside looking for you right now, so let me hang up and get all my stuff together before he gets back so I don't have to deal with him." So I got all of my stuff together (I'd put most of my stuff in the car the night before anyway because I was fantasizing about dumping him then) and snatched back his favorite Christmas present. I took the pictures of us and I walked out the door. Because I am a mature woman, I did not overturn the tables or smash the plant pots on the floor. OK, honestly, that is because I didn't think of it until later. Anyway, there wasn't any time for that because as I was walking down the stairs my phone rang. Orazio. I picked it up as I clicked down the steps with my things. "Hi Sweetheart!" I chirped. "Hi Kate," he said. "Is everything OK?"
"Yes," I said. "Everything is fine. Where are you?"
"I'm driving around looking for her. I will be back in two minutes," he said.
"OK, see you soon!"
Then I swung my stuff in the car, jumped in, lit a cigarette, and had one final look at "our" apartment. My last thought: I can do better.

A couple of minutes later, I got a call from him. "Where are you?" he said abruptly.
I smiled. "Oh, I left you! Because you are a lying sack of shit and I can't stand you. I hope you die a horrible, HORRIBLE death. DON'T EVER CALL ME AGAIN."

His ex also said that he had previously sent her e-mails saying that I meant nothing to him. He told her that he broke up with me after she came over to the apartment that day in early January. As if. He was nearly in tears as I was getting ready to leave. "Are you leaving me over this?" I was seriously fucking thinking about it, but no, I hadn't made my mind up yet. When I wouldn't speak to him afterward he left me voicemails about how "It hurts so much. It just hurts." And he e-mailed me and told me life was unbearable without me. So I didn't see him for 10 days, and then when I finally did see him all hell broke loose again. Because she SAW me at the apartment. Oh dear Jesus. I had MOVED IN. Didn't he think she was going to see me at some point? Anyway, that day I moved all my stuff out. He highly encouraged this. He put it under the guise that if "She pushed her way in..." she would break everything in sight. Yeah, right. He didn't want her to see evidence that I had been there. What a sorry coward. Oh, and you know what else she told me? She hung up all the art on the wall in the living room! I had to laugh and laugh and laugh. When I came back to the apartment after 10 days I couldn't believe how good the hangings looked. They looked fantastic, and I kept telling him so. He took all the credit! And she did all the work! Unbelieveable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home