1.31.2005

Horoscope

Oooohhhhh, my horoscope is good.
Scorpio
If a conflict about some matter of the heart has you stumped on Monday, just wait -- the amazing astral energy of Tuesday and Wednesday will blow it right out of your mind. All your best qualities are magnified, and people are drawn to you helplessly; all you have to do is pick and choose. By Thursday, you're piecing the results of your magnificence into your larger philosophy of love, but don't let someone have undue influence on you now. This weekend, your determination can make any romantic plan a resounding success.

Damn, I'm wearing something tight tomorrow. I want every quality magnified, if you know what I'm saying. And this weekend I'm going to the R-MWC Chapter meeting. The lecture is called "Smart Man Hunting" and it's going to be given by a alum from the class of '84 who wrote a book by the same name. I ordered it about a week or more ago. If it's good I'll tell you and you can order it off of amazon!

OK, so today I put on my gray suit that I wear specifically to scare small children. Oh My GOD. It was hanging off like a SACK. I had the pants hemmed about 6 weeks ago, and now they are dragging on the floor just like before. The waist won't stay up and it's falling way down around my hips, making my pants look way too long. And the whole ass area was hollow. The jacket is actually a size smaller than the pants, and I am fucking swimming in it. I was too depressed and catatonic over recent events to change, though, so I went to school looking like I dove into my mother's closet looking for work clothes.

Today was a decent day at school. I kept it low key for all of our sakes. We watched a Disney movie, The Prince of Egypt, because we're studying the Ancient Israelites and it's basically our chapter on film. I got two new young gentlemen in my class and they seem to be alright. They seem properly afraid and reverent, so I think we'll get along.

The saddest news of the day was that one of our students died. A sixth grader. Thank God the child wasn't from my class, he was from a man's down the hallway, but it was still absolutely heartbreaking. He had been riding his bicycle around his neighborhood on Friday and he was hit by a car. I had to put on my hard, fact-of-life face for the kids. Then the principal made an announcement and we had a moment of silence. Later that day, a girl came to my room with an envelope. The boy's family can't afford to pay for his funeral, so his teacher was asking everyone to give some money so we could help bury him. I gave her all the money I had in my wallet, which wasn't really that much. Thank God she came by while my children were at PE, because that was the last straw. I couldn't hold it together and I just sobbed my eyes out after she left. Sometimes this world just seems so cruel. I'm starting to wonder where the balance is. I feel like I'm looking so hard for the good things, and they just keep eluding me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home