6.28.2005

Too Bizzzzzzzzzzzy

God, I'm so tired. I have been working so hard! I got my classroom, the gorgeous one with the high ceilings that I have coveted since I first used that room last... October, I think. It's fabulous. I've been in my room preparing science experiments, math skills papers, etc.

I went to L.A. last Friday to see the King Tut exhibit with Cindy the lawyer, her husband, daughter, Candice (my friend from Torrance and Cindy's assistant), and Tom. That exhibit was so amazing. There weren't only artifacts from Tut's tomb, there were huge sarcophogii from his grandmother-in-law and all these little shabti. I bought the coolest kit that has copies of French and English drawings and recordings from diaries when they found these tombs. I'm having them laminated and we're going to study them when the kids start back. I can't believe I'm going to have my own space and supplies and filing cabinets. This year is going to be so much more organized and we're going to get to do so many more projects because of the storage space I have. I hooked up the fish tank, I just need to find some fish. My students were catching frogs all over the place the last week of school and I let them keep some in the tank. They took them home with them and I'm sure they're dead by now.

As far as real estate goes, I have several warm/hot leads. My scuba instructor broke up with his girlfriend and is selling his 5-acre ranch. I asked him if he would list with me and he said sure. I ran all of the tax records and looked up the other properties that have sold in his area. I consulted one of my brokers and it looks like the property is worth $450,000. My goal is to sign the listing agreement before I go back to school. The catch is that his ex-girlfriend is on the title, so I have to convince her to sign, too. My listing presentation needs to be up to scratch, so I'm working on it tomorrow after I go view the new properties that are for sale in Lancaster with other people from the office.

I met a reasonably attractive man at the Multiple Listing Service orientation, but he has got to be 50. He pressed me for a business card so I gave him one of mine from school. I knew it. He called me a couple of days later and asked me to lunch. Eww. I told him that I didn't know what my schedule looked like and I would call him back. I haven't yet. I don't know how to blow him off without burning the bridge. He's a lender based in Santa Clarita.

Ludovic has been very sweet. Booked a hotel for us for the 4th of July weekend. Wants to go to the French Bastille Day Cultural celebration in Santa Barbara two weeks later, too. He forwarded me the e-mail details of it and it looks so fun! There is supposed to be a drag queen show. Sometimes he goes to the dojo in Santa Barbara to practice Judo. He's got funny stories to tell about dropping people at that place when they least expect it. He is very strong, that is certain. I still haven't met the kid, though he's asked me to twice. I'm scared of it. His name is Nicolas. The thing is, when you are a teacher it is ok if the kids hate you. In fact, sometimes it is better that way. But if this kid hates me, my relationship is screwed. I haven't said that to Ludo and I won't. I'm much smarter about being mysterious around men that I used to be. I do what I want when I want to and it seems to make them very thirsty for more. Plus Ludovic thinks I'm a beauty queen, as he should do.

I ordered my wetsuit and it should be ready in ten days. Ludovic wants me to go body boarding with him and his guy friends (this sounds like a recipe for disaster to me). Then I'm going to go to Catalina with my scuba instructor and some other students in August. Bekah's shower is coming up, too. Bekah is HUGE and her baby shower is coming up. I'm giving her diapers and a onesie.

I spent last weekend with Ludovic. We saw Cinderella Man, ate Greek food, ate sushi for like the millionth time, and went swimming in hot tub and the pool at his complex. He hasn't met Tom yet, but I'm going to arrange that soon if he continues to behave himself. Best of all, he showed me the divorce papers. He pays quite a chunk of child support.

That is all I can think of for now... A lot has happened but it seems ages ago. I'll try to be better about posting!

8 Comments:

At June 29, 2005, Blogger Ash said...

The perfect baby shower gift is a homemade kit for the hospital stay. More expensive would include a robe and slippers, but also quarters for the dad or family to use in the vending machines, granola bars or something to snack on, Tucks pads for the bum (don't ask), and a disposable camera or phone card to call people to tell them the news.

Really, I would just want the robe and slippers, so I'm going to have to sneak that hint to my sisters or aunts.

 
At July 19, 2005, Blogger Ash said...

Hey, if I can update so can you! What's going on? Details! Miss you!!!!

 
At September 15, 2005, Blogger Ash said...

Helllooooooooooooooooooooooo where the hizzell are you?!?!?!?

 
At November 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you suppose she's still alive?

 
At January 12, 2006, Blogger ShyRocket said...

Still enjoying the blog... get some rest!

 
At February 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#

 
At February 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#

 
At March 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#

 

Post a Comment

<< Home